New Year’s Resolutions (popularly known now as NYRs) are something I set every year.
They are a way to keep me on track and see how my year went versus how I planned.
The first resolutions I remember writing are in 2013. I actually still have them hung up in my room as a reminder as to how far I’ve come. You can see them in the photo above.
In 2013 I was a sophomore in high school. During this particular year change I remember feeling negative and sad about a lot of things. I made these resolutions in hopes of becoming a more positive person. To this day I tend to always think on the positive side now instead of always being negative. That is one resolution that has stuck for 3+ years.
I am a firm believer that when you write something down you are more likely to do it. That is why I like writing my resolutions down because I feel when I see them I will remember to do it.
I think everyone should set at least one resolution even if it is as simple as flossing more! A simple change can be fun and maybe even can lead to better things..like your dentist being happy with you 🙂
I wanted to blog my resolutions just for my sake. If you want to hold me accountable, feel free. Maybe an accountability partner would be good too.
Without further ado, here are my 2017 New Years Resolutions
- Continue to get fit
– Isn’t this on everyone’s? Well I have been working on getting fit for about a year and half. It is a process but I do enjoy working out. This one isn’t hard for me but I plan to push myself during the new year. I am also changing up my workout so hopefully that will help the process too.
- Drink more water
– Do I need to explain this?
- Grow in my relationship with Jesus
– I need to make physical “gains” and spiritual “gains”
- Continue to find the light in every situation
– One I still do from my 2013 resolutions
- Be more present in the moment
– Less time on the phone, more time with people!
- Make better habits
– I had this on my 2016 resolutions. Simple things like moisturizing more often, flossing, eating more fruits and veggies, etc fall into this category. These simple things leads to a healthier and cleaner lifestyle which is one I like to maintain. It may sound silly but it’s something that always needs work.
- Transition blog/ work towards career
– This is a new one that I haven’t shared publicly. I have decided that I want to go into a Beauty Corporation with my major. This means I could make logos for beauty products, manage social media, update websites, make designs for boxes, even work with a beauty conference. If you know me, you should know that I love all things beauty, hair, makeup and even fashion! It is something I am genuinely interested in and passionate about.
With that being said, here is where the blog updates come in!
During the new year (maybe even while you’re reading this) I will be transitioning my blog and adding some more beauty related topics. You may see monthly favorites or product testings popping up in the feed.
I love all things beauty so I am so excited to pursue this potential career. I believe that if I continue to strengthen my design, photo and web skills as well as center this blog more around beauty not only can I show my skills to an employer but, I can show this blog as an example of my passion.
Do you have any NYRs? Share them in the comments below!
Can’t wait to share my first beauty post!